Simulation modeling is an advanced method for analyzing and developing material handling systems. It offers an alternative to the traditional methods of spreadsheet-based analysis or linear programming and can be superior when developing solutions for complex manufacturing and warehouse processes.
Material handling business challenges that can benefit from simulation include throughput analysis, production scheduling, impact assessment for new equipment, and the analysis and development of operations policies. Our new whitepaper Material Handling Simulation explores in detail how simulation helps deal with these challenges and demonstrates how different companies are successfully applying the technology.
With case studies from Walmart and Goldratt, the paper illustrates how simulation modeling captures facility operations and help in their analysis.
Other AnyLogic whitepapers:
- Developing Disruptive Business Strategies with Simulation — How modeling helps to analyze and optimize business strategies.
- An Introduction to Digital Twin Development — What are digital twins, how to create them, and client projects using AnyLogic digital twins.
- Multimethod Simulation Modeling for Business — Overview with guided model building example
- Simulation Software Comparison — Discrete event simulation competitors
- Artificial Intelligence and Simulation in Business — How simulation and artificial intelligence work together to overcome business challenges