Version 8.3 is old and no longer available for download. The latest version of AnyLogic can found on the download page.
The new version of AnyLogic is now available for download. AnyLogic 8.3 introduces the Material Handling Library, new demo models, and an improved graphical interface. The update applies to both the commercial version and the free Personal Learning Edition (PLE). Here is a summary of the update.
AnyLogic version 8.3 introduces the specialized Material Handling Library. It enables and assists the simulation of processes in factories and warehouses. The library is especially useful for simulating production lines and assembly lines, as well as the transportation of goods in warehouses and factories – including the use of automated guided vehicles (AGV). The routing of AGVs can be handled automatically in AnyLogic to help simplify model development.
To help you get started with the new library, there are several example models and how-tos. You can find the example models on the AnyLogic welcome page in the application, and also in the AnyLogic Cloud:
- Solar Panel Production Line – AnyLogic Cloud >>
- Palletizing system with AGV – AnyLogic Cloud >>
- Warehouse conveyor – AnyLogic Cloud >>
Further information about the library will be appearing on the blog over the coming weeks, using the new example model of Solar Panel Production. Don’t miss it!
Beyond the new library, you will also find:
- Models now launch in the browser: if you run a model in AnyLogic 8.3, instead of the usual presentation window, a browser window will open to display the model animation. This development enables improved animation, as already seen in the AnyLogic Cloud.
- New 3D shape format support. AnyLogic 3D shapes now use the Collada (*.dae) format. This gives developers greater freedom to use 3rd party objects in models. Note: 3D shapes in the old *.x3d format will be converted and should be verified.
- Transparency levels for 3D objects are now configurable, allowing objects to be visible even when obscured.
- Custom blocks can be created in 2 clicks. Custom blocks are useful when you need to simplify the appearance of a process diagram or use the same group of blocks several times. To create a custom block: in the process diagram, select the blocks you want to group, right click the mouse button, and select Create Flowchart Block from the context menu. The properties and icon of custom blocks are customizable.
- Starting with AnyLogic 8.3, 32-bit Linux systems are no longer supported.
We have also improved the performance of AnyLogic: models now load faster. Download AnyLogic 8.3 and test it for yourself! Please be aware that the full use of some new features is restricted in the PLE version.
⭐ AnyLogic 8.3 was introduced with the Material Handling Library at the AnyLogic Conference 2018 [video].